If I planned it right, I could dedicate an entire week (or two) to De La Soul remixes. I have more remixes from De La Soul than any other artist in my collection. I have remixes I haven’t even listened to yet, including a full-length Japanese import CD simply titled Remixes (part of liner notes below).
I have no real explanation for this massive De La library, other than they’re one of my all-time favorites and I simply know no boundaries when it comes to buying their music. Picking out just a few was a complicated task, although I noticed most of the remixes come from the early days: 3 Feet High to Buhloone Mindstate.
So, until that De La Remix Week, these will have to tide you over:
De La Soul | Keepin’ the Faith (Fly and Funky Mix)
From: Keepin’ the Faith CD single import.
De La Soul | Ego Trippin’ (Part Three) (Egoristic Mix)
Note: New beat, new music, new verses. Fresh!
De La Soul | Buddy
From: The Magic Number CD single; not really listed as a remix, but it’s a different version with different guests: Tribe, Jungle Bros., Monie Love, Queen Latifah
De La Soul | Ain’t Hip to Be Labelled a Hippie [sic]
From: De La Soul Remixes Japanese import.
Catchin’ up …
- Hey, look who came back. Better than ever.
- OK, people. There are other options than iTunes out there. You know about eMusic. Now check out Audio Lunchbox. Files are 192 kbps and have no digital rights management locks, and the indie selection is pretty large. Available artists: Tim Fite (personal favorite), Blackalicious, DangerDoom and Okkervil River, to name a few. Get a subscription or buy tracks individually. Looks like album art is included with downloads. Check all the record labels available here.
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (where I once interned way back in 2000) has a nice article about mp3 blogs. (via Largehearted Boy)
- Thanks to Matthew, K. and Jennings, all of whom have been active commentors (is that a word?). Keep it up, and thanks!
- And you should probably visit Dodge because, well, he’s Dodge. And he rules.