So here is Part Deux. For those who listened to the full file (available at NPR here), what’s up with A.C. Newman? For the first three or so tracks, he said nothing in between songs. During the second half, the guy suddenly can’t keep quiet.
That’s not a bad thing. I kept the chatter before The Body Says No because he takes some pretty funny shots at bands “where guys sing … they make me sick.” He rattles off a few bands (all worthy of sickness) then mentions that he’s going to get ripped on the blogs. Maybe at a Fall Out Boy fan site, but not here.
The New Pornographers, NPR’s Live Concert Series, 3/6/06:
8. Testament to Youth in Verse
9. The Body Says No
10. Breakin’ the Law
11. The Slow Descent Into Alcoholism
12. The Bleeding Heart Show
13. Sing Me Spanish Techno
- Reminder: Ian Love CD giveaway.
- The Baseball Card Blog is quickly becoming my favorite non-music stop. Seriously. I have a stash of baseball cards (mostly commons) that I have no idea what to do with yet I don’t want to throw them away. Wish I would have thought of this first! Great site for anyone who dabbled in card collecting.
- On the heels of The New Pornographers/Belle and Sebastian Web cast, NPR turns around with Clap Your Hands (here) on Wednesday. NPR says it will be available for download. Good stuff.