First, a few loose ends for this Sunday:
A reader, Ryan, sent me an mp3 of a mashup that his DJ friend put together of two songs he considered to be the best and worst of 2005:
Neighborhood 3 My Humps (mp3). (Even though I think it’s widely accepted that the Arcade Fire’s Funeral came out in 2004, this still was pretty damn funny.) Thanks, Ryan.
There seems to be a load of concerts that I wanna hit in the AZ in the coming months:
- Jan. 25: Digable Planets, at the Orpheum Theatre in Flagstaff.
- Jan. 26: Rob Dickinson, at Anderson’s Fifth Estate in Scottsdale. ($5 at the door.)
- Feb. 5: Of Montreal, at Clubhouse in Tempe. (Tickets here.)
- Feb. 18: The Hold Steady, at the Old Brickhouse in Phoenix. (Tickets here.)
- Feb. 20: Nada Surf, Rogue Wave and the King of France, at Clubhouse in Tempe. (Tickets here.)
- Feb. 26: Tim Fite with the Wedding Present, at Plush in Tucson. (Tickets here.)
- March 21: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, at Solar Culture in Tucson.
Looks like lots of coolness going on in Tucson, which brings me to an email I got from The Golden Boots, a “crumbly western and alt-alt country” band outta the Old Pueblo. Check out their MySpace for some tunes. They’re playing in Phoenix at the Trunk Space on Jan. 23 and I wanna do a more thorough post in the coming days.